More than 5,000 regional jobs were created in 2012 because of Port of Long Beach-related projects, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reports. Much of the work came from a project that aims to fuse aging terminals into one mega terminal, and from the Gerald Desmond Bridge replacement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gerald Desmond Bridge Work Delayed
- Long Beach Port Breaks Ground on Bridge Replacement
- More Money for Bridge
- Bridge Replacement Gets State Approval
- Port of Long Beach Approves Budget for Middle Harbor Project
- Long Beach Bridge May No Longer Be Up in Air
- Long Beach Port Saves Millions on Lower Steel Costs
- Long Beach On The Rise: The Port of Long Beach - Economic Engine, Green Growth For The Future