The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce on Thursday said that it engaged the law firm of Sheppard Mullin to intervene in lawsuits challenging the Hollywood Community Plan update.
“We want to ensure that no action is taken that would stop people from securing permits for their businesses and developments in accordance with the approved community plan update,” Chamber President Leron Gubler said in a statement.
The opponents of the community plan – which allows taller buildings and higher density development – say the document doesn’t adequately address provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act on traffic, air quality and land use.
Three groups, the La Mirada Neighborhood Association, SaveHollywood.org and Fix the City, filed separate lawsuits in July to block the plan, which the council approved in June.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: POLLY TOWILL
- City Planners Release Revised Hollywood Community Plan
- Law Firm Sued as Sale Fails to Meet Client's Expectations
- Bad Environment For Development?
- CEQA Reform May Make Matters Even Worse
- Most Admired Law Firms: Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Best Law Firms: SHEPPARD, MULLIN, RICHTER & HAMPTON LLP