Crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter and IndieGogo are letting designers and other creative people connect with audiences who want to finance their dreams, and they are becoming increasingly popular. But the New York Times reports that for the creators of these projects, getting the money is sometimes the easy part.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Finding Fame, and Sometimes Fortune, in Social Media
- Crowdfund Site Taps Star Power
- ‘Crowdfunding’ Rules Unlikely to Meet Deadline
- Rewriting Hollywood's Rules
- TubeStart Helps Creators Work The Crowd
- LA-Based Companies Are Riding the Wave of Kickstarter Funding
- Paramount, CBS Sue Producers of Crowdfunded ‘Star Trek’ Film
- U.S. To File WTO Charges on China