Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Chevrolet Volt it builds, according to estimates provided to Reuters by industry analysts and manufacturing experts.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Layoffs Another Buzz Kill for Electric-Car Maker
- General Motors Admits Ignition Switch Death Toll is 19
- Consumer Confidence Jumps to Seven-Month High
- Charging Ahead
- Study: U.S. CEO Confidence Tumbles to 3-Year Low
- U.S. Approves California Bullet Train Construction
- Corporate America Sweats as U.S. Nears Fiscal Cliff
- GM Dealerships Hit by Cutbacks, Gas Price Uptick