Physicians Formula Holdings Inc, which in August agreed to go private, said it received a rival buyout offer of about $67.2 million from an unnamed party, Reuters reports.
The new unsolicited, non-binding offer of $4.90 a share is a 12 percent premium to the Azuza cosmetics company's Wednesday close of $4.37. Swander Pace had agreed to pay Physicians Formula shareholders $4.25 per share in cash.
Physicians Formula said it's board is evaluating the new offer and its board has not yet determined if it is superior to Swander Pace's proposal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Physicians Formula Accepts Higher Buyout Offer
- Cosmetics Company Looks Good on Second Blush
- The Week’s Big Movers
- Physicians Formula To Go Private in $65 Million Deal
- Private Equity Firm to Buy Physicians Formula
- Wednesday’s L.A. News Roundup
- Physicians Formula’s CFO Resigns
- Physicians Formula Slips to Loss