Former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan plans to submit language today for a May 2013 ballot measure that would eliminate government pensions for newly hired workers at City Hall, replacing them with 401(k)-style retirement benefits, the Los Angeles Times and Los Angeles Daily News report.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Riordan Drops Pension Reform Initiative
- L.A. Pension-Reform Proposal Questioned
- Proponents of Pot Shop Measure Shift Support
- Eight Over 80: Richard Riordan
- Carmageddon II Ends Well
- Riordan Backs Greuel for L.A. Mayor
- Civic Leaders Lobby for L.A. Pension Reform
- Koretz Declares Victory in L.A. City Council Race