The number of new unemployment claims remained elevated last week as the lingering effects of superstorm Sandy continued to cause workers in the Northeast to seek jobless benefits, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- After Sandy, New Yorkers Get Reconnected With Pay Phones
- Businesses See Pain, Opportunity from Storm
- How CEOs Improvised in the Wake of Sandy
- In Europe, Signs of a Jobless Generation
- Trade Deficit Widens; Jobless Claims Fall on Quirk in Data
- More Employers Overhauling Health Benefits
- Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.8 Percent
- Citigroup CEO Unexpectedly Quits