NetSol Technologies Inc. on Wednesday reported that it swung to profit and increased revenue for the quarter ended Sept. 30.
The Calabasas IT and technology services company had net income of $929,000 (or 12 cents per share) for the fiscal first quarter compared with a loss of $1.5 million (or 26 cents per share) for the same period a year earlier. The company beat Wall Street estimates by 2 cents per share.
Revenue grew 79 percent to $11.1 million, the company’s highest first-quarter revenue in its 15-year history.
“NetSol’s record first quarter revenue underscores the success of our initiative to build out service and delivery capabilities in Bangkok and China,” Chief Executive Najeeb Ghauri said in a statement.
Shares were down 8 cents, or more than 1 percent, in midday trading on the Nasdaq to $6.34.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- NetSol Shares Surge on Q4 Earnings
- Image Entertainment Gains on Surprising Profits
- Business Briefs: Electro Rent, Worldwide Restaurant Concepts, Hemacare, Computer Sciences Corp., NetSol
- Warner Music Posts 4Q Profit
- Griffin Swings to a Profit
- DirecTV Swings to Quarterly Profit
- Earnings Roundup
- 3D Tech Company RealD Moves to Profit