Walt Disney Co.'s proposed $4.05 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm Ltd. expands its portfolio to the "Star Wars" series but, in combination with earlier acquisitions of Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Studios, risks diluting the 89-year-old entertainment empire's Disney-branded film franchise, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney to Buy Lucasfilm for $4 Billion
- LA 500: Alan F. Horn
- Star Wars Land Rumors Fly Ahead of Disney Fan Fest
- Disney Makes 'Star Wars' Streaming Deal with Nexflix
- Disney Chief Accepts Contract Extension
- Disney Placed Hype on Hold
- Disney, Netflix Sign Distribution Deal
- Disney slate looking picture perfect as studio nears record box office.