DineEquity Inc. shares rose more than 10 percent in early trading today after the Glendale restaurant operator reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by lower costs and strength in its Applebee's business. Reuters reports that the company plans to cut costs further by eliminating 100 jobs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- DineEquity More Than Doubles Quarterly Profit
- DineEquity’s Quarterly Profit Rises on Lower Costs
- Update: DineEquity's Good Quarter Beats Estimates
- Unhappy Olympic Fans Find a Way to Access BBC
- Apple Beats Low Expectations But Profits Slump
- DineEquity's Quarter Exceeds Expectations
- Reducing Debt Widens DineEquity’s Loss
- Improvements at Applebee's Lift DineEquity