SBE Entertainment LLC on Wednesday announced plans for its first hotel in New York City, an $85 million project.
SLS Hotel New York will be the Los Angeles company’s third SLS hotel, following its locations in Beverly Hills and South Beach, Fla. The company also owns the Redbury in Hollywood. The new hotel will be in New York’s midtown area on Park Avenue.
SBE, led by Sam Nazarian, also owns nightclubs and restaurants in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, and San Diego.
The New York hotel will have nearly 200 rooms upon completion. It will be similar in décor to its Beverly Hills and South Beach sisters but will also feature some Manhattan influence.
“The vibrant Park Avenue South corridor location provides yet another ideal setting for us to demonstrate our unwavering commitment to redefining the hospitality experience,” Nazarian said in a statement.
Nazarian has plans to expand SBE internationally as well, by opening Katsuya Asian restaurants in the Middle East and SLS hotels in China. The SLS initials stand for style, luxury and service.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SBE Sales Spread to Restaurant Brands
- Hospitality Group SBE Opens New Office in Beverly Hills
- SBE Moves Into Residential, Sells South Beach Hotel
- Hotelier Finds Room in China
- Nazarian Buys South Beach Hotel
- Checking Back In
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills Refinances Debt
- Hospitality Firm SBE Officially Acquires Morgans Hotel Group