Could Shrek be putting Lassie on a leash? DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. is leading the bidding for Classic Media, the privately held owner of rights to characters such as Lassie, Casper the Friendly Ghost and the VeggieTales franchise, sources tell the New York Times. The Glendale animation house has reportedly offered more than $150 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- DreamWorks to Buy Owner of Casper, Bullwinkle Shows
- DreamWorks Starts In-House Publishing House
- Movie Studio Widens Focus
- From American Girl to Trolls
- Former Turner Animation Marketing Exec Joins DreamWorks
- DreamWorks Looks Beyond Movie Model
- Will ’60s Cartoon Still Draw Kids?
- DreamWorks Licenses ‘Shrek’ for Themed Attraction