Lawmakers are engaged in a playground game of "who goes first," daring each political party to let the year end without resolving a Jan. 1 confluence of higher taxes and deep spending cuts that may rattle a still-fragile economy, the Associated Press and Bloomberg News report.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Holiday Sales Disappoint
- UBS Fined $1.5 Billion in Libor Probe
- Plan Near to Avoid ‘Dairy Cliff’ Price Jump
- Economic Data Round-Up
- Green Dot Shares Drop as AmEx and Wal-Mart Sell Competing Card
- GDP Unexpectedly Contracts in Fourth Quarter
- Will Smart Machines Create a World Without Work?
- Initial Jobless Claims Fell Sharply