Walt Disney Co. has won key European Union approval to buy George Lucas’s Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4 billion, combining two of Hollywood’s most lucrative film franchises, Bloomberg News reports. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission gave its approval earlier this month.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney Completes Acquisition of Lucasfilm
- Disney to Buy Lucasfilm for $4 Billion
- Disney to Shut LucasArts Videogame Unit
- Lucas Award Kicks off Star Wars-Heavy D23
- Out With the Old Star Wars Stuff
- Lucas Museum Could Come to Los Angeles
- Disney Deal to Spur Sibling Rivalries
- Netflix, Disney in Star Wars Talks