A group of private investors is making a pitch for a $6.9 billion high-speed rail line called XpressWest from Victorville to Las Vegas, and hopes to get a massive federal loan before the end of this summer. The Los Angeles Daily News reports that this could be the first high-speed rail project developed in the country, with County Supervisor Michael Antonovich wanting to take the route even farther.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Case for an Alternative Bullet-Train Route
- Schiff Opposing High Speed Rail Tunnel Route Through Forest
- Attacks Spur New Look at Statewide Rail Project
- High-Speed to Vegas
- County May Join Lawsuit Against SoCalGas
- Inland Valley-High Desert Transportation Projects Are Essential
- Hearings Set on High-Speed Rail