After a yearlong investigation, the Justice Department said that it won't bring charges against Goldman Sachs Group Inc. or any of its employees for alleged financial fraud related to the mortgage crisis. The Wall Street Journal reports that "the burden of proof" couldn't be met.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Bloomberg Curbs Its Journalists' Access to Customer Data
- Inside the Lawsuit Against S&P
- A Toxic Subprime Mortgage Bond's Legacy Lives On
- BofA to Settle with Fannie Mae
- Use of Food Stamps Swells Even as Economy Improves
- Illinois Probes Countrywide
- U.S. Files Criminal Charges Against SAC
- Despite Deal, J.P. Morgan Faces Fight