Home prices rose by their largest percentage in at least seven years during the second quarter, propelled by low inventories of properties for sale and high demand for bargain-priced foreclosures. The Wall Street Journal reports that the main force behind the home-price gains appears to be a shortage of homes for sale.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Buyers Back After Foreclosure
- Citigroup CEO Unexpectedly Quits
- Best Buy Workers Mobilize to Win Black Friday Battle
- Colleges Lose Pricing Power
- Survey: Home Prices Jump
- Gun-Bill Debate Begins After Bipartisan Breakthough
- Loeb Pushes Sony to Take Entertainment Unit Public
- Verizon Plans Largest Debt Sale Ever