Former appraiser Scott Schenter, a subject of an inquiry centered on Los Angeles County Assessor John Noguez, is suspected of engineering improper tax breaks for nearly a decade, long before Noguez was elected. The Los Angeles Times reports that the corruption probe has expanded to include tax reductions allegedly made by the appraiser long before Noguez was elected assessor in November 2010.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- New Charges Filed Against Noguez
- Legislature Approves Bill for Tax Agent Transparency
- L.A. County Assessor Arrested in Bribery Case
- L.A. Assessor's Office Was Off the Radar
- Audit Raises Questions About Noguez Appraisals
- Noguez Hit With More Felony Charges
- Audit Urges Key Changes at County Assessor's Office
- Noguez Arrest Drives Measure A Support