Shares of Health Net Inc. fell 24 percent this morning after the managed health provider reported a strong second quarter but lowered its earnings forecast. RTTNews.com reports that the Woodland Hills company reduced its full-year guidance to a range of $1.45 to $1.55 a share, down from a previous outlook of $2.85 to $3. Analysts had been expecting $2.28 a share on average.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Health Net Shifts Management as Profit Slows
- Google Dominance in Online Display Ads Under Scrutiny
- Health Net Sets Expectations for 2009
- Google Still Shut Out of Facebook's Ad Exchange
- Earnings Send Stamps.com, IPC in Opposite Directions
- 'Coffee Renaissance' Hits L.A.
- J2 Stands By '07 Guidance, Posts Solid Q2
- Southbound Jamzilla Ahead