Some fans may not like NBC’s coverage, but the network may break even on the Summer Olympics in London, NBCUniversal Chief Executive Steve Burke said this morning in a conference call. The Wrap reports that ratings for the first five days of the games have been up 9 percent compared to the Beijing event and are up 26 percent compared to the 2004 games in Athens.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Burke: NBC Strong in Upfronts
- News of the Week
- Network’s Olympic Effort Has Station Seeing Gold
- Web Company Eyes Green With Golf-Tracking Service
- NBCUniversal Invests $500M in Snap
- NBC Unpacks Trove of Data From Olympics
- Comcast COO Burke takes top spot at NBC Universal
- NBCUniversal Agrees to $7.6B Olympic Deal