Hythiam Inc., which markets a proprietary treatment program for alcoholism and stimulant dependence, said that it had changed its name to Catasys Inc. as of Thursday.
The Los Angeles company, which had been trading under the ticker symbol “HYTM,” now will trade under the symbol “CATS” on the Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board.
“Our new company name and ticker symbol better reflect the focus of the company in providing health insurers and other payors with a comprehensive behavioral health management solution,” Chief Operating Officer Rick Anderson said in a statement.
Catasys, co-founded by Chief Executive Terren Peizer, provides specialized behavioral health management services to health plans, employers and unions through a network of licensed and company-managed health care providers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Catasys Thrives on Data Dives
- Biotech Stock Gets Shot in Arm From Drug Tests
- Catasys Lists on Nasdaq, Closes $15 Million Public Offering to Clear Debt
- Treatment Could Turn Into Winner for Both Addicts and Investors
- Drug Treatment Patent Comes at Prime Time for Hythiam
- Hythiam Treatment to Be Tested in Texas
- Health Data Analytics Firm Catasys Reports Third-Quarter Profit
- Contact Lens Maker Focuses on Improving Image