VCA Antech Inc. has signed two separate deals, one to buy a marketing communications company that serves veterinary practices and the other a group of North Carolina animal hospitals.
The Los Angeles veterinary clinic and laboratory chain on Monday said that it will pay $146 million for MediMedia Animal Health LLC of Yardley, Pa., and $50 million for Charlotte-based BrightHeart Veterinary Centers.
MediMedia’s Vetstreet provides online communications, professional education, and marketing solutions to veterinarians, including educational and ecommerce web sites.
“Vetstreet’s innovative approach to providing valuable services to both veterinarians and pet owners, combined with our considerable presence in both the animal hospital and diagnostic laboratory businesses, will expand the breadth of our product offerings to the veterinary community,” Chief Executive Bob Antin said in a statement.
BrightHeart operates nine animal hospitals, including eight hospitals focused on specialty and emergency medicine, and one general practice and has about $53 million in annual revenue. Once the deal is completed, VCA Antech will have about 540 animal hospitals in 41 U.S. states and in Canada.
Shares were down 24 cents, or 1 percent, to $21.36 in midday trading on the Nasdaq.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Veterinary Hospital Chain Yanked by Shareholder
- VCA Buys Vet Lab for $21 Million
- VCA Antech Purchases Canada’s Largest Vet Chain
- VCA Antech Adds to Pet Clinics
- Investors Howling Over Veterinary Chain Earnings
- Antech Stock Isn't in Doghouse Despite 'Woof' Ticker Symbol
- Investors Howling Over VCA Earnings
- Analysts Wag Tails Over L.A. Vet Hospital Operator