Amgen Inc. on Tuesday said it signed a deal to sell a a development and manufacturing facility in Fremont to German drugmaker Boehringer Ingelheim.
Thousand Oaks-based Amgen obtained the facility in its 2006 acquisition of Abgenix. Amgen said it will continue to have a presence in the San Francisco Bay Area biotech community through its South San Francisco research facility.
The 100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility employs about 360 workers, who will join Boehringer, which does some contract manufacturing for Amgen. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• CLICK HERE to read the RTT News story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen Completes Sale of Plant
- Xencor Cuts $280M Development Deal With Genentech
- Drug Developer Xencor Files for IPO
- Peet's Coffee Agrees to $1 Billion Takeover
- Business Briefs: Amgen, En Pointe Technologies, Platinum Equity, BentleyForbes
- Regional Report
- Amgen to Acquire Abgenix
- Tesla Picks NorCal Site for Assembly Plant