The A.F. Gilmore Co. on Friday announced that it would build a retail center called Gilmore Station at the northwest corner of Third Street and Fairfax Avenue, across from the Original Farmers Market.
Planned tenants at the 24,000-square-foot center, which is expected to open in late this year, so far include a Trader Joe’s specialty grocery and Blizz Frozen Yogurt. There are three additional spaces, including one for a restaurant.
The mostly vacant property has been owned by A.F. Gilmore, operator of the Farmers Market, for more than 100 years. “We have taken great care to ensure that the architectural design of Gilmore Station and the quality of businesses and products offered matches the vibrancy of the Fairfax District,” Vice President Mark Panatier said in a statement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Farmers Market Owner Gets Line on $100 Million
- Grandpoint Completes Gilmore Bank Merger
- Farmers Market Owner Sowing Seeds for New Site
- FAIRFAX ---Neighbors Await Changes at Venerable Slice of L.A. Retail
- SHOPPING---Additional Expansion Coming To Landmark Farmers Market
- Farmers Market
- Right Deal Crops Up for Gilmore and Grandpoint