Tutor Perini Corp. on Wednesday said that it had won a $241 million contract to renovate portions of the famed Aqueduct Racetrack in Queens, New York.
The Sylmar civil engineering and construction company said the contract is part of the Resorts World New York redevelopment project, and will convert the grandstand into a video lottery facility with a multi-level casino, several eateries and stores.
The project is being led by developer Genting New York, part of the Genting Malaysia casino and cruise ship company. Construction is scheduled to begin Nov. 1 and take about 18 months to complete.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tutor Perini Wins Contract to Build Arizona Indian Casino
- Tutor Perini Lands $1.4B Contract for Purple Line Extension
- Sylmar Construction Firm in Joint Venture for $1.4B East Coast Infrastructure Project
- Tutor Perini Wins $600 Million Project
- Briefs: Tutor Perini Wins New York Contract, Molina Tops Estimates
- Tutor Perini Lands $800M Rail Contract With C.S. McCrossan
- Tutor Perini Lands $104M U.S. Air Force Contract to Build Saudi Air Force Base
- Tutor Perini Wins $510 Million NYC Contract