Sex.com is set to be sold for $13 million by Escom LLC, the bankrupt Los Angeles firm that now owns the domain name, according to a news report.
Clover Holdings Ltd., registered in the Caribbean island of Saint Vincent, won an auction for the property, according to bankruptcy documents obtained by the Register, a London tech publication with San Francisco operations. There were 12 bidders.
The deal is subject to bankruptcy court approval. A fight broke out among Escom's creditors earlier this year when one of them pushed the domain to auction.
•CLICK HERE to read the The Register story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Site Name Broker Preparing for Suffix Explosion
- NAMES --- P & G; to Sell Valuable Internet Domain Names
- THQ Auctions Remaining Assets
- Platinum Equity Acquires Schutt Sports
- What’s in A Name?
- DOT-COM---Suit Says Dot-Biz Registry is Illegal Lottery
- Daily News Owner Makes Top Early Bid for Orange County Register
- News of the Week