Los Angeles’s pursuit of an expanded mass-transit system is advancing as the U.S. Transportation Department today approved a $546 million loan to build an additional light-rail line.
The loan comes from two federal programs aimed at speeding infrastructure construction and will let work on the so-called Crenshaw/LAX line begin in early 2011.
•CLICK HERE to read the Bloomberg News story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Metro Board Approves $1.4 Billion Budget for 11.5-Mile Extension of Foothill Gold Line Light Rail to Claremont
- Mass-Transit Initiative a Chance to Unlock L.A.’s Freeways
- Scrutiny Will Keep MTA Finances on Correct Path
- Public Transportation Should Get You There From Here
- Morning Headlines
- Los Angeles Moving in Right Direction on Public Transit
- Los Angeles Can’t Coast on Silicon Beach Transit