Guess Inc. said Wednesday that Nike executive Michael Prince had been hired as its chief operating officer.
Prince, who will oversee the Los Angeles apparel maker and retailer’s operational support and global supply chain activities, will join the company Nov. 15.
Since 2009, Prince has been CFO at the Nike Affiliates division of Nike Inc. He earlier held the same position at Converse Inc., a Nike subsidiary, and before that was vice president for corporate finance at BancFirst Corp.
“He brings to Guess an impressive track record in the areas of finance, international infrastructure management and enterprise-wide business transformations, and has been instrumental in developing and executing strategies to support the global expansion of several lifestyle brands,” said Chief Executive Paul Marciano.
Shares were up 35 cents, or less than a percent, to $42.57 in mid-day trading Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Guess Promotes Internally to Fill COO Job
- Insider Brings Apparel Expertise to New Collection
- Sagging Jeans Maker Sees Cracks in Year Ahead
- Guess Shares Fall on News of President’s Departure
- FEATURED NEWSMAKER
- Roundup: Semtech, Guess, First Consulting, Hilton
- True Religion Appoints New President