The Business Journal raises the curtain on the legal stars who work in L.A.’s entertainment industry.
SCHUYLER MOORE, 55
Firm: Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
Law School: UCLA
Years in Practice: 30
Most Challenging Deal: DreamWorks financing transaction in 2009: represented Indian company, Reliance Big Entertainment Ltd., in deal to finance new DreamWorks studio.
Best Career Moment: Closing DreamWorks transaction.
Worst: Disney loss on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,” since I was expert witness for Disney.
Highlight From Past Year: Being named as one of the top 100 lawyers in California by California Daily Journal and being featured in Super Lawyers.
Longest Workday: Twenty-four hours, because deals wait for no man.
How My Practice Is Changing: It changes every day to keep up with new media, laws and financing transactions.
If I Weren’t an Attorney: I would race motorcycles, snowboard and hang-glide all day.
My Colleagues Don’t Know: That I am just warming up.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Attorneys Joining the Ranks in Field of Expert Witnesses
- Show-Biz Attorneys Thrive With Expanded Roles
- Lawyers Settled on Small When Opening Firm
- WHO'S WHO---The New Generation
- Bollywood Bridge
- Expanding Firm Casts Media Lawyer in Key Role
- Time for Advertising to Take Control in Hollywood
- OVERVIEW---Hollywood's Dealmakers