P. JOHN BURKE
Firm: Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Law School: Southwestern University, J.D.; New York University, LLM.
Selected Clients: 2929 Entertainment, Comerica Bank, Dune Capital, Goldman Sachs, Media Rights Capital, Shangri La Entertainment, Union Bank.
Years in Practice: 32
Most Challenging Matter: Representing Goldman Sachs and Assured Guaranty in the reorganization of Weinstein Co.
Highlight From Past Year: Weinstein Co. reorganization.
Longest Workday: Three days straight closing a film deal before the end of the U.K. tax year.
How My Practice Is Changing: Deals are larger and more complex involving participants from all over the world.
If I Weren’t an Attorney: I would operate a dive boat on a remote tropical island.
My Colleagues Don’t Know: I collect guitars I can hardly play.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- WHO’S WHO IN LAW - JONATHAN K. LAYNE
- Goldman Gets Weinstein Film Library Stake
- Brown Returns to California as Partner at Manatt
- Kevin T. Burke
- WHO'S WHO IN LAW - Mickey Mayerson
- West Coast Provides A Fresh Direction
- Judging the Lawyers- Transactions/Corporate
- Investment Firm Chief Executive Returns to Roots