Jason Calacanis, chief executive of Santa Monica's "human-powered search engine" Mahalo, is planning some direct competition to Michael Arrington's technology blog empire, TechCrunch.
Calacanis, who made his fortune selling his Weblogs Inc. blog network to AOL, is developing a property called Launch, which will focus on deep analysis of companies.
Calacanis has reportedly set the launch of his new site, Launch--as well as an associated, TechCrunch50-like event--for February.
•CLICK HERE to read the The Guardian story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Search Engine Never Clicked
- Ex-Search Engine Finds Way to Video
- Women’s Apparel Website All of a Sudden in Fashion
- Calacanis Launches Inside, a Newsreader App
- Stuck on Web
- Search Engine Puts the Human Touch Back Into Internet
- Calacanis Launches Co-Working at Inside.com
- Maker of Hit War Series May Be Facing Last ‘Call’