CB Richard Ellis Group Inc., the world’s largest commercial property broker, fired six employees in China after discovering improper payments to local governmental officials.
The finding was made during an internal investigation that the Los Angeles company began in the first quarter, it said in a U.S. regulatory filing on Tuesday.
The payments are “minor” in amount and relate to “a few discrete transactions involving immaterial revenues,” CB Richard Ellis said. They included payments for non- business entertainment and gifts. The six employees were fired for their involvement.
•CLICK HERE to read the Bloomberg News story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- Former Manager of CBS Credit Union Sentenced
- Local Bankers Plan Launch of New Lender Based in the Valley
- CB, Insignia Merger Would Spark Change
- CB Richard Ellis Renegotiates Credit Agreements
- Former Planning Official Gets New View With Housing Fund
- Cost-Cutting Crucial to CB Richard Ellis’ Survival
- Hollywood Property Flowers for West L.A. Firm