TPG Capital is buying a 35 percent minority interest in Creative Artists Agency, followling seven months of tough negotiations with potential financial partners pursued by CAA, according to an entertainment industry blog.
The investment was finally wrapped up Thursday night and an announcement will go out later Friday, according to Deadline.com.
TPG is a large private equity investment firms best known in Hollywood for its doomed acquisition of MGM in 2004 as part of a partnership led by Sony Corporation of America, Comcast, Providence Equity Partners, and other investors.
•CLICK HERE to read the Deadline.com story.
•CLICK HERE to read the The Wrap story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Art of the Deal: CAA Trades Majority Stake
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Toth Leaving CAA for Quibi
- Private Equity Shines Spotlight on Talent Reps
- PE Influence Molds Agencies
- KEVIN HUVANE
- CAA China Appoints CEO
- Hollywood Agency Seeks a Financial Boost to Expand
- Creative Artists Agency Partners With China’s CMC Capital