Morphlabs Inc., which offers “cloud computing” software and services over the Internet, on Wednesday said it closed a $5.5 million Series B financing round that included new and old investors.
The El Segundo company said the round was led by Global Gateway Investment Group, with new investor Frontera Group LLC joining existing investors CSK Venture Capital Co. Ltd. and AO Capital Partners Ltd.
“Morphlabs is the first company to deliver a platform that makes cloud computing a commodity service that can be tapped into on-demand like a utility,” Martin Lichauco, Global Gateway managing partner, said in a statement.
Morphlabs said that the funding will go to accelerate expansion in the United States and Asia. Chief Executive Winston Damarillo also announced that Satoshi Konno has been appointed president of its Japan operations.
“For the cloud computing market to take off, there needs to be a viable marketplace of companies offering competitive services from which customers can select,” Konno said. “I welcome the opportunity to work with Morphlabs as I strongly believe it is the company that will empower the thousands of service providers to deliver these services.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Big Picture Changes for Battery Maker in Azusa
- OpenStack Provider Morphlabs Announces New Funding
- Westwood Satellite Data Storage Outfit Raises $100 Million
- Infrascale Raises $16.3 Million, Buys EverSync
- Regional Report
- Santa Monica Ad-Placing Company Seals Deal
- Mobile Security Firm TeleSign Gets $40 million in Series B
- Firm’s Analytics Service Checks Out With Investors