Skechers USA Inc. on Tuesday said that it signed a licensing deal that will allow a manufacturer to use the Skechers logo on luggage and travel accessories.
Under the agreement, Olivet International Inc. in Mira Loma will design, produce and distribute Skechers-branded suitcases, wheeled totes, duffle bags and garment bags. Olivet currently makes luggage and accessories under licenses with Dockers, Tommy Hilfiger and other brands.
Terms of the deal between Olivet and Skechers were not disclosed.
Other licensed products with the logo of the Manhattan Beach athletic shoemaker, include bags, sunglasses, and scrubs. The luggage should be in available at department and specialty stores and at online retailers by next fall.
“The Skechers logo is one of the most recognized brands in the world,” Jack Holodnicki, president of Olivet International, said in a statement. “The new Skechers luggage collections will be an easy extension of the brand.”
Skechers shares closed down 19 cents, or less than a percent, to $25.47 on the New York Stock Exchange.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Skechers to License Bag Line
- Skechers Expands Brand Into Glasses
- Vernon Jeans Maker Looks to Fit in Kids Market
- Skechers Signs Brand Deal with Avirex
- Investors Back Expansion Of Online Fashion Vendor
- Skechers Striding Ahead With New Sock License Pact
- Skechers to Enter Scrubs Market
- Skechers to Open Stores in Ireland