Beverly Hills-based equity firm OpenGate Capital said Monday that it is acquiring auto-parts manufacturer Gabriel North America from ArvinMeritor Inc. for an undisclosed price.
Gabriel, a Brentwood, Tenn. maker of shock absorbers and strut assemblies, is OpenGate's first automotive sector acquisition and its fourth purchase in the past year. The firm bought TV Guide magazine in October and earlier this month acquired two French children's magazine publishing businesses.
OpenGate said it will work with Gabriel's management team to optimize manufacturing, expand product range, and broaden the range of niche applications for its products. Gabriel sells to both automakers and aftermarket parts suppliers.
"OpenGate is uncovering attractive niche investment opportunities in fragmented and rapidly changing industries," Andrew Niko, OpenGate managing partner, said in a statement. The firm plans to make other acquisitions in the motor vehicle market.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- OpenGate Capital Sells Canadian Tech Company
- Another L.A. Equity Firm Likes Auto Parts Supplier
- OpenGate Launches Media Division
- Deals & Dealmakers: Investor Folds in Mags
- Deals & Dealmakers: PE Firms Purchase Meek’s
- Gores Group Adds Jukebox Company to Firm’s Playlist
- Andrew Nikou
- OpenGate Accelerates Deal Pace