For the first time since the Council of Fashion Designers of America started handing out statuettes in 1981, L.A. designers won in designer of the year categories for both womenswear and menswear.
Last night in NYC, Rodarte, the conceptually complex women's line by Pasadena sisters Laura and Kate Mulleavy, won in the womenswear category. Band of Outsiders, the preppy men's line by West Hollywood's Scott Sternberg, shared the menswear award with Italo Zucchelli for Calvin Klein Collection.
- Read the full Los Angeles Magazine Online story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty Awards: Fashion Trendsetter of the Year Finalists
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty Awards: Fashion Direct to Consumer Finalists
- Fashion & Beauty Awards: Brand of the Year Finalist
- 20 in their 20s: Dee Murthy & Andres Izquieta
- L.A. Stories
- New Research Examines State of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Fashion Industry
- AWARDS---Business Journal Earns Top Awards
- TV Crews Take Focus