Abraxis BioScience Inc. said Thursday it swung to a first-quarter profit, helped by higher sales of its breast cancer drug Abraxane. The company had net earnings of $4.3 million (1 cents per share), compared to a $5.7 million loss (14 cents) a year ago. Revenue rose 14 percent to $82.1 million. Abraxane sales were up 13 percent to $79.9 million.
J2 Global Communications Inc. the provider of outsourced and communications services said Thursday that it has acquired Phone People Holdings Corp. of San Diego, a provider of enhanced voice services, for an undisclosed sum. Shares in Hollywood-based J2 closed up 1.4 percent to $24.51 Thursday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Abraxis Posts Profit on Strong Sales
- Abraxis Narrows Loss
- Abraxis Shares Drop on Strong Earnings
- Abraxis Shares Fall on 2Q Loss
- J2 Shares Tumble on Missed Estimates
- J2 Posts Gains in Q1 Profit, Revenues
- Abraxis Loss Widens on Re-Acquisition Costs
- Earnings: J2 Global, Marcus & Millichap, Apollo Medical