Northrop Grumman Corp. said late Wednesday that it has sold its night vision systems business to L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. for $175 million in cash.
Northrop's Electro-Optical Systems business provides night vision goggles, weapons sights and other equipment to the military and public safety customers. The business, in Garland, Texas, had about $190 million in sales last year. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter.
Shares in Northrop closed down 55 cent to $78.80 Thursday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Northrop, L-3 Team on Army Contract
- Northrop to Make Missile Defense Laser
- Northrop Wins Peacekeeping Contract
- Business Briefs: MannKind Corp., Korn/Ferry International, Northrop Grumman Corp., American IDC Corp.
- Northrop Wins Contract, Ups Buy Back
- Janitors Strike Aerospace Companies
- Business Briefs: Tracinda, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Northrop, WPT Enterprises
- Northrop Grumman Wins Air Force Drone Contract