Baseball-card maker Topps Co. said its shareholders have approved the $385 million buyout bid from Michael Eisner's Tornante Co. and private-equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners LLC, based on a preliminary vote count at Wednesday's special meeting, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The transaction is expected to close in October, the company said in a press release.
Topps said it will announce the final vote results after they are tabulated and certified, which the company expects to occur within five to 10 business days. The company didn't release the numbers from the preliminary tally.
Earlier in the day, Topps postponed the special meeting by several hours because "the number of votes cast in favor of the transaction is not sufficient to approve the transaction." Delaware state law requires a majority of total shares to be in favor of the deal for approval.
Read the full Wall Street Journal story .(subcription requiored)
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Topps Postpones Shareholder Vote
- Upper Deck Beats Eisner's Topps Bid
- Firm Advises Topps to Nix Eisner Deal
- Topps Voices Concern on Upper Deck Deal
- Upper Deck Withdraws Topps Bid
- MICHAEL EISNER
- Upper Deck Seeks Dismissal of Topps Suit
- Former Disney Executive Eisner in Talks to Take Over English Soccer Club Portsmouth FC