Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. has signed a multi-year patent license agreement with SKY Italia, the leading Italian digital television service with more than four million subscribers.
The multi-year agreement announced Thursday allows SKY Italia to use Los Angeles-based Gemstar-TV Guide's technology in its electronic program guides deployed on its various platforms, including cable boxes. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
In a separate deal announced earlier this week, Gemstar said it will be a sponsor of American Idols Live! Tour 2007 at more than 50 venues this summer. The tour stars this year's 10 American Idol finalists, including winner Jordin Sparks.
The tour kicks off on July 6 in Sunrise, Fla. As part of the sponsorship, TV Guide has produced a18-page Tour Guide publication, which will be wrapped around the current issue of TV Guide magazine and also given to concertgoers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gemstar-TV Guide, Scientific-Atlanta Settle Litigation
- Gemstar Moves Into Italy
- Gemstar Signs Deal for Chinese Guides
- TV Guide Inks Deal With Panasonic
- Gemstar Settles Patent Dispute
- CORPORATE FOCUS---Gemstar Taking a Hit From News Corp.'s DirecTV Loss
- Gemstar Inks European Programming Deal
- Gemstar Shows Off Its New Media Side