Manhattan Beach-based Kinecta Federal Credit Union has acquired Carson-based Navicert Financial Inc. for $45 million.
The deal will give Kinecta all 55 of Navicert Financial's retail outlets, which are in the Los Angeles area. Navicert does business as Nix Check Cashing. Both companies operate cash advance or check cashing retail stores.
The Nix stores will change their names to Kinecta Alternative Financial Solutions Inc. Tom Nix, founder of Navicert Financial, will serve as a Senior Vice President of Kinecta and President of Nix Check Cashing.
Nix had more than 5 million customers in 2006 totaling $1.4 billion worth of financial transactions. Kinecta has $3.9 billion in total assets, 200,000 member-owners, about 700 employees and 23 branches throughout the L.A. area.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SPECIAL REPORT: Lender OK Taking Less
- Credit Check
- Branching Strategy Spreads to Non-Profit Credit Unions
- Regional Credit Union Megamerger in the Works
- Galaxy Signs Kinecta; LAFC Starts Fast
- Who's Who In Banking & Finance: Keith Sultemeier
- Repo Firm Hopes to Seize Regulation Opportunity
- Private Equity Firm Picks Up Acquisition Pace