Los Angeles-based Cathay General Bancorp on Wednesday said it had completed its acquisition of Chicago-based New Asia Bancorp, Inc. for $23.46 million in cash and stock.
Cathay General is the holding company for Cathay Bank, Los Angeles County's third largest bank by assets and the county's second largest ethnic bank. New Asia Bank has been merged into Cathay Bank, the company said
Cathy, has made a number of strategic investments in the past few years, this spring buying a 20 percent stake in Shanghai-based First Sino Bank for an estimated $52.2 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Cathay Buys New Asia Bancorp
- Cathay Shares Trend Lower Despite Expansion, Earnings
- Cathay to Acquire New York Bank
- Chinatown Lender Looks To East in Expansion Plan
- Online Jeweler Bidz.com Puts Brakes on IPO
- Chinese Banks Go Bicoastal
- Monday Rundown: Cathay Completes Purchase of New York Lender, Molina Healthcare Makes Deal with Integral Health Plan
- If Chinese Banks Make It There, They'll Make It Anywhere