In the latest example of a government prosecutor jumping to a high-paying law firm, Debra Wong Yang, the U.S. Attorney in Los Angeles, has resigned her post and will join Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher as a partner at the beginning of the year, the Wall street JOurnal reports.
During Ms. Yang's tenure, her office has spearheaded several high-profile corporate-crime cases, including the indictment earlier this year of law firm Milberg Weiss Bershad & Schulman LLP, which is accused of paying individuals to file suits. Milberg Weiss has denied the allegations and vowed to fight the charges.
Ms. Yang, 47 years old, serves on the Justice Department's Corporate Fraud Task Force, an interagency group created in July 2002 amid white-collar scandals.
Read the full Wall Street Journal story .(subscription required)
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Debra Wong Yang a Potential Trump Pick for SEC Chair
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Debra Wong Yang
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Debra Wong Yang
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: DEBRA WONG YANG
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: DEBRA WONG YANG
- LA 500: Debra Wong Yang
- New Federal Prosecutor Could Intensify Focus On White-Collar Crime
- DEBRA WONG YANG