Stocks were little changed Friday as a slowdown in retail sales and profit warnings from Lucent Technologies Inc. and Tyco International Ltd. kept investors from building on earlier gains. The major indexes finished the week with modest gains.
The Dow lost 2.49, or 0.02 percent, to 10,959.87. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index finished up 1.55, or 0.1 percent, at 1,287.61. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 0.35, or 0.02 percent, to 2,317.04.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Dow Closes Up 31, Nasdaq Up 12
- Markets Mixed on Slowdown Fears
- Stocks Mixed Despite Homebuilding Report
- Stocks Mixed Despite Homes Report
- Dow Closes Down 2, Nasdaq Down 7
- Stocks Slide on Oil, North Korea, Earnings
- Stocks Slip As Investors Await GDP Data
- Stocks Flat on Oil Price Rise, Greenspan's Observations