Lowe's Cos. Inc., the second-largest home improvement retailer, on Monday reported higher-than-expected quarterly earnings and gave a bullish outlook as renovations and commercial business fueled its strongest sales increase in years.
The company, whose shares rose nearly 4 percent, continues to grow faster than rival Home Depot Inc. as it moves into bigger U.S. cities. It forecast profit for the current quarter and year above Wall Street estimates.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Up on PepsiCo, Cisco Earnings
- Local Earnings May Have Peaked
- Earnings Rebound Generates Optimism About L.A. Firms
- Stocks Up on Crude Drop, Data
- Survey: L.A. Employer Hiring Plans Looking Up
- Stocks Mixed on Boeing News, Tech Shares, Crude Rise
- Stocks Rise on Earnings, Lower Oil
- Wal-Mart Fourth-Quarter Profit Up