said its Hong Kong Disneyland resort has attracted more than 1 million visitors in its first 100 days of operation. Disney's 11th theme park is expected to achieve its long-term attendance goal of 5.6 million visitors a year, the Burbank-based company said in a statement. Nearly 49 percent of visitors have been local residents, while 26 percent came from mainland China and 25 percent were from other countries.
The attendance numbers for the park, which is 57-percent-owned by the Hong Kong government, are the first released for Hong Kong Disneyland since it opened on Sept. 12.
- Ducommun Inc. said it agreed to acquire privately held Huntsville, Ala.-based Miltec Corp. for an undisclosed amount. The transaction is expected to close within 30 days, L.A.-based Ducommun said. Don Miller, president and principal shareholder of Miltec, and his management team will remain with the company, which reported revenues of $42 million in the latest fiscal year.
Ducommun said the acquisition will help transform its engineering- and manufacturing-oriented company into an engineering technology business with significant manufacturing capability. Miltec is a provider of missile and aerospace systems design and development operating through three divisions.
- Overhill Farms Inc. reported fourth-quarter net income of $956,000 (6 cents per share) for the three months ended Oct. 2, compared with a loss of $99,000 (1 cent) for the like period a year earlier. Revenue for the Vernon-based frozen food products manufacturer fell 1.3 percent to $36.7 million.
The company said net income for the quarter included a tax benefit of $357,000.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hong Kong Disneyland Loss Narrows to $93 Million
- Biz Briefs: News About Area Companies
- Movie Losses Dim Disney Earnings
- Hong Kong May Get Shares, Not Cash, for Disney Loan
- Hong Kong May Sell Disney Park Stake
- Hong Kong Disneyland's Future Is in Danger
- Disney Reports Solid Quarter
- Iger: Theme Parks, Ad Revenue Strong