Travel and media conglomerate IAC/InterActiveCorp on Monday said it will buy Web search engine Ask Jeeves, Inc. for nearly $1.85 billion as it looks to capitalize on growth in the Internet advertising and search markets.
InterActiveCorp said it will issue 1.2668 shares of its stock for each Ask Jeeves share and then buy back at least 60 percent of the shares it issues to offset their dilution.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Move Names CEO
- Overture's Business Model Challenged by Competition
- MARKETING --- Firm Does Healthy Business Sticking Ad Labels on Fruit
- Internet Advertising Fraud Places Google, Yahoo on Defensive
- Ticketmaster Posts Domestic Decline
- Web Sites Launch Search Party to Target Local Advertisers
- 'Click' Merger Highlights Advertisers' Interest in New Web World
- Overture Testing Controversial Ad Plan to Aid Share