A disappointing earnings update from Texas Instruments Inc. and rising oil prices pushed stocks lower Tuesday as investors began consolidating gains from Wall Street's recent rally.
At midday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 5.77, or 0.1 percent, to 10,931.09. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 3.40, or 0.3 percent, at 1,221.91. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 9.33, or 0.4 percent, to 2,080.88.
*For more on this story, read the full Associated Press article .
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Down on Surging Oil Prices, Texas Instruments Forecast
- Profit-Taking Pushes Stocks Lower
- Stocks Slide on Oil, North Korea, Earnings
- Stocks End Higher as Inflation Fears Ease
- Stocks Dip as Oil Rises
- Dow Ends Down 36, Nasdaq Down 16
- Stocks Fall on Record Oil Prices
- Stocks Jump on Bernanke Appointment