Walt Disney Co.'s shareholders elected all company board members by a margin of 92.2 percent in a preliminary count of votes announced at the annual meeting on Friday.
Disney did not give tallies for individual board members at the meeting, which comes a year after a shareholder revolt led to Chief Executive Michael Eisner being stripped of his role as board chairman.
Walt Disney Co. Chairman George Mitchell assured stockholders that the company's board "is fully and actively engaged" in finding a successor for Eisner.
The meeting is taking place at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Iger Firmly in Charge of Disney
- Disney Holders Reelect Directors
- Disney Shareholders Reject Call to Split Executive Roles
- Eisner's Stewardship of Disney Facing First Major Test
- Jobs Remains on Disney’s Board
- Dissident Shareholders Drop Suit Against Walt Disney Co.
- Topps Postpones Shareholder Vote